Love Drupal or WordPress? Looking for a challenge? Enjoy working with a fun and talented team?
We are always on the lookout for great team players. Are you an architect, developer, project manager, or designer searching for new opportunities? Contact us about our current projects!
You will be responsible for managing client-facing web development projects, analyzing and advising on business processes as well as facilitating change within the projects. Web development projects are fast-paced with many moving parts. You should be well versed in eliciting and managing requirements, planning for risk and implementing change orders along with the standard project management tasks. To make these projects successful, you will be the glue between the engineering teams, clients and Hook 42 management to ensure we continue to delight our customers with our work.
This is a remote position, so you need to be able to manage your time effectively, reach across geographies and timezones to drive project progress and push project awareness up, across and out.
- Manage multiple projects and become the trusted advisor for their assigned clients
- Balance expectations accurately with the client and Hook 42 management regarding each project’s time, scope, budget and customer satisfaction
- Manage project change control issues and proactively escalate unfavorable risk, cost, scope, and schedule variances
- Lead estimating and budget development process for assigned projects
- Proactively manage project budgets and schedules and escalate project issues in a timely manner
- Manage project status meetings with team members to assure delivery within time, scope, and cost
- Ensure formal documentation is produced for assigned projects and generate milestone status reports
- Lead planning and implementation of projects. Define project tasks, resource requirements, and manage resource allocation
- Guide the team through the development, testing and implementation stages, and review the completed work effectively
- Ensure that the team follows correct procedures, policies, and documentation requirements through intake, development, QA, and rollout of a project
- Must have a bachelor’s degree and 5 to 7 years progressive experience in project management
- 2+ years’ experience in web development project management experience - Drupal and/or WordPress a plus
- Deep knowledge of at least one of the major project management styles (Agile, Waterfall)
- Excellent written and oral communications and interpersonal skills a must
- Must be extremely organized and capable of tracking, managing, and resolving many issues simultaneously
- Proven ability to work with all members of a project team, including business leaders, technical leaders, software engineers, and system administrators
- Organized, efficient, and attentive to details
- Experience in change management and risk management during the project life cycle
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to train, coach, and mentor project team members
- Preferred experience managing large, business systems projects
Tools and Processes
- Comfortable with conferencing systems including screen sharing (e.g. Zoom, GoToMeeting)
- Familiarity with and consistent use of instant messaging programs (e.g. Slack, Skype)
- Experience with ticket management software (e.g. Jira, Basecamp, Trello)
- Proficiency with document tools (e.g. G Suite, Microsoft Office)
- Industry standard project management scheduling software (e.g. Microsoft Project, OmniPlan)
- Configuration and extension of ticket management systems (e.g. Jira, Zoho, Basecamp, Asana, Trello)
- Software Development Lifecycle process
- Git workflows and supporting tools
- Managed hosting platforms (e.g. Acquia, Pantheon, Platform.sh)
About Hook 42...
We work on interesting web (Drupal, WordPress, React, Vue, Elasticsearch...) projects with fun and talented people. We enjoy working with each other collaboratively rather than in silos as well as engaging with the Open Source community. We have a mix of full-time and part-time employees and contractors who work remotely or in our SF office so we attract great people regardless of work lifestyle. As of January 2019, roughly half of our team are women. We are also a certified women-owned business. But, we know we can always do better, and welcome more diversity into our team. If you don't meet 100% of the "ideal candidate" criteria but think you would be a valuable addition to our team, please still contact us. Even if this particular position isn't the right fit, we're always on the lookout for great people to work with.