As our team continues to contribute to the Drupal community, we've been attending a variety of Drupal Core meetings. After each meeting, we put together an overview or recap of key talking points from each discussion. Sometimes recaps are provided after the meetings, in those cases we simply organize those thoughts, with commentary of our own if needed, to have all the recaps in one place. This article breaks down highlights from meetings this past week, November 4th through November 8th.
You'll find that the meetings, while also providing updates of completed tasks, are also conversations looking for community member involvement. There are many moving pieces as things are getting ramped up for Drupal 9, so if you see something you think you can provide assistance on, we encourage you to get involved.
Out of the Box Meeting
November 05, 2019
This meeting was short and sweet, covering two exciting Umami media updates.
- Umami is now using media images, instead of regular images and media-library. That is now stable in core! Shout out to Ofer Shaal on his excellent work implementing this.
- Enabled the ability to add media-library items when using CKeditor. You can now utilize the WYSIWYG editor to embed media images with the new "Media" button in the toolbar.
Admin UI Meeting
November 6, 2019
- happens every Wednesday at 2:30pm UTC
- is chat only (no audio or video)
- happens in threads so keep an eye on those notifications
- there are about 5-10 minutes between topics for people who are multitasking to follow along.
- the agenda is public and anyone can add new topics in the document
Creating a clearer contribution process
Right now there's some confusion around how to contribute to Claro and the processes. There is also confusion about where to look for start working on it. Organizers are addresing the concerns outlined below:
- Claro's project page doesn't explain how to get involved and contribute to the work.
- Drupal's Claro Initiative page doesn't explain how to get involved.
There is a need to update the project itself with link to the instructions, and documentation of the following:
- Claro from 8.8 is in core, and development for it happens there & how to get to the issue queue.
- How to contribute to the Claro independent project.
November 7, 2019
- Is for core migrate maintainers and developers and anybody else in the community with an interest in migrations
- Usually happens every Thursday and alternates between 1400 and 2100 UTC.
- Is done over chat.
- Happens in threads, which you can follow to be notified of new replies even if you don’t comment in the thread. You may also join the meeting later and participate asynchronously!
- Has a public agenda anyone can add to
- Transcript will be exported and posted to the agenda issue. For anonymous comments, start with a emoji. To take a comment or thread off the record, start with a emoji.
The following issues were discussed in last week's meeting:
- Migrate support for deleting items no longer in the incoming data
- This used to be a core request, moved to contrib now and no longer requires any hacks on the migration.
- Migration Multilingual issues:
- Refactor MigrateUpgradeExecute tests
- getHighestId() should be able to use any integer destination id
- Use generators by default in source plugins
- Needs Review: SourcePluginBase should cache based on a hash of the source configuration, not just the plugin id