Our lead community developer, Alona Oneill, has been sitting in on the latest Drupal Core Initiative meetings and putting together meeting recaps outlining key talking points from each discussion. This article breaks down highlights from meetings this past week.
You'll find that the meetings, while also providing updates of completed tasks, are also conversations looking for community member involvement. There are many moving pieces as things are getting ramped up for Drupal 9, so if you see something you think you can provide assistance on, we encourage you to get involved.
Getting Involved Guide Refresh Meeting
September 10, 2019
Usually happens on alternate Tuesdays
is text only!
happens in threads, which you can follow to be notified of new replies even if you don’t comment in the thread. You may also join the meeting later and participate asynchronously!
has a public agenda issue anyone can add to.
Meeting transcripts are still a work in progress, but please comment on the meeting agenda issue so we can grant you credit for attending/contributing!
Issues & Progress
- Rachel Lawson provided a list of issues and progress:
- [Meta/Plan] Create a new Getting Involved Guide section
- Improve on-boarding efforts for Documentation
- Evaluate, pick, and configure checking/linting tools for the Getting Involved Guide
- Proposed Outline for the Getting involved Guide
- Create content in the community section to explain the project
- Personas are in the community section. Please refer to these. Is there anything we need to do to these now before they can be regarded as “golden”?
- Follow-up related task from the Mentoring working group that needs work from a content strategy and design: Update Contributor Task Cards and Stickers
- In the Writing Style Toolset, how are we doing with the toolset to manage the writing style? The issue, Evaluate, pick, and configure checking/linting tools for the Getting Involved Guide goes into this in further detail.
- Matthew Radcliffe is coming up with a guide to assess the tools. Some tools can be assessed against each other based on the type of tool.
Out of the Box Initiative Meeting
September 10, 2019
New recipe is coming up!
The Umami team is discussing adding new recipe content with the help of Anna Christoforou, who has very kindly allowed us to use some of her recipes. Take a look at Anna's Instagram page where you'll see some of her amazing food and images. Keith Jay is working with Anna to add her recipe for homemade hummus, currently being created as a patch for which there will be plenty of opportunity for anyone who wants to help with general reviews and translation into Spanish. Since this recipe is very simple and doesn't require any cooking time, it has been suggested that it could be the basis of a video that we'll produce to demonstrate media.